Testing the Hypothesis Part 2


Interview #1: For this second round of interviews, I spoke to random students from a variety of different subjects so that I could build a diversified set of opinions from my target age group. I chose to begin with an Economics student, as they are likely to be individuals who are interested in currency markets. Despite explaining the potential for growth and several use cases, this student dismissed everything that I said due to the extreme volatility of the market.

Interview #2: Next, I wanted to get the opinion of someone who likely knew nothing about the subject. I reached out to a student studying Greek History. After a long talk explaining the technology, the student had a decent grasp on understanding blockchain, but was confused by the subscription service. He claimed that he would have no interest in paying for a service unless it guaranteed positive returns.

Interview #3: For my third interview, I reached out to a computer programming student. This offered me a unique perspective from someone who already understood the technology. Unfortunately, I found that this student was outside my area of opportunity as he lacked the capital to begin investing.

Interview #4: To switch things up a little bit, I decided that my next conversation should be with a journalism major. This was a beneficial discussion since online news articles play such a huge role in providing blockchain information to the public. I found, once again, that this person was outside the boundary of my service. She was more interested in writing her own blog on cryptocurrency rather than paying for a service with a similar goal.

Interview #5: Finally, I chose to interview an agricultural finance student. Some of blockchains most promising projects currently in development could do wonders for the agricultural industry. We discussed the way that it could be used to track the origin of crops from farm to table for a more enriching customer experience. Despite excitement in this idea & possession of the necessary capital, this student was uninterested in the subscription service because he preferred to put his investment into commodities.


Inside the Boundary
Outside the Boundary
Who
Eager, yet uneducated individuals with capital that will be able to make their own investment decisions after learning about the fundamentals of the technology.
People who are looking to be told each week which coin to put their money into to increase value.
What
A dependable & organized source of tutorials, lessons, and news about blockchain technology and cryptocurrency investment
A service that provides definitive advice on which coins are “guaranteed” to increase in value.
Why
There is a large information barrier to entry in this space due to the complexity of the technology. The uninformed investor needs a cohesive hub to find all the facts before making an independent decision.
Many people want to “get rich quick” and think that someone should be able to tell them exactly what is going to increase. The cryptocurrency market is extremely volatile, and no one knows for sure what will happen. Therefore, a service cannot actually provide this advice.


Comments