Forming an Opportunity Belief


I believe that with the exponential growth in the blockchain industry, there will be an increased demand for professionals who know how to handle business operations for blockchain-based companies. The need for blockchain businessmen comes from the successful software developers who understand the technology, but not how to handle things like PR, marketing, and team management. Blockchain is an incredibly new industry that new companies are exploring everyday. Currently, there are traditional businessmen that handle these companies, but as the space evolves it will require management that actually understands how the company’s software functions.
Prototypical Customer #1: Blockchain news media company
Reflection: First I reached out to a company that focuses on journalism and social media coverage of blockchain news. I realized that this position would be a good fit for me given my extensive experience with social media advertising. The company needs man-power to gain a strong enough media presence for users to take our articles seriously.
Prototypical Customer #2: PR team for Crypto Exchange
Reflection: Although I lack PR experience, my discussion with the recruiter of a medium-sized cryptocurrency exchange revealed that public speaking and opinion-spin are two of my strong-suits. Whether it be a system hack, platform update, or regulatory change, exchange companies are constantly faced with issues to publicly address. This discussion has shown me that I should emphasize my experience starting my own student organization where I would regularly give educational presentations and relate this to how I have improved my speaking ability.
Prototypical Customer #3: Asset Management Client Relations
Reflection: As the blockchain industry develops, more and more companies are beginning to manage cryptocurrency assets for wealthy investors. I reached out to one of these companies and spoke to the recruiter about an account coordinator position. I was surprised to learn that this position actually has little to do with understanding the technology. The account coordinator strictly needs to have strong interpersonal skills so that they can maintain the best relationship with the client.
Summary: By looking at potential job opportunities in the blockchain industry, I have found that the most important factor is your ability to relate your past experience to on-the-job skills. I will need to improve my client-management skills and still need a much greater understanding of the technology, but I firmly believe that there is room for me to grow within this industry if I can continue to adapt my skills.

Comments